Our Cafe is accessible for those with limited mobility, but please be aware of the following:
- please be sure to advise us in advance if you have accessibility needs. It is necessary for us to build a table plan each day and we'll make sure to give you a table that's easy to get to.
- We have accessible seating, w.c. facilities, emergency cords, taps, and handrails on the ground floor.
- There is a small 1" ridge from the street into our front door. It means a little bump on the way in, but all our wheelchair users to date have been able to get in with no problems. Motorised chairs tend to have more of an issue with the small bump than manual control chairs. Please ask us if you require assistance and our team will assist.
- The cafe has a ground floor (the tearoom) and the basement (the basement lounge). The cats may be on any level of the cafe and we can not guarantee where they will be at any time. We do not pick up cats and bring them to tables, but our cat carers can certainly assist you by bringing treats over for you to give to the cats. This will usually mean one or two felines coming your way ;)
- Due to the age of the building, the only access to the basement is via the stairs, there are no lift facilities to the basement level.
- parking can be difficult in Bethnal Green especially on weekends when there are a lot of events and people are enjoying the restaurants in the area. Please give yourself plenty of time to locate a convenient parking spot. If you're a little early, there are a lot of great shops and things to see, so it's better to be early than have a stressful time trying to find a car park.
- Tower Hamlets provides an interactive map of carpark spaces in the area, including disabled carparking spaces. Type in our postcode E2 6DG to zoom in.